Winter Fantasy Star Cupcakes Recipe
Best-selling authors of the book Hello, Cupcake!, Karen Tack & Alan Richardson, spent a few days with us creating one-of-a-kind beauties that you can make at homeno special tools or talents required. Just bake your favorite cupcakes, have your favorite vanilla icing on hand and HAVE FUN!
- 1 to 2 cans vanilla frosting (16 ounces each)
- Cupcakes of your choice
- Clear decorating sugar
- Miniature silver dragees, optional
- Nonstick foil or parchment paper
- Blue, clear and/ or white hard candies
- Additional vanilla frosting
- Blue decorating sugar
- Frost cupcakes, reserving some frosting for decorating as desired.
- For star cupcakes: Place clear decorating sugar in a small shallow bowl; stir in miniature dragees if desired. (Dragees are not edible and are for decorative use only.) Roll top edge of each cupcake in sugar to form a decorative rim. Set aside.
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with nonstick foil. Crush candies in desired color to yield about 1 cup. Place in prepared pan, spreading candy to about 1/4-in. thickness. Bake at 350° for 3-5 minutes or until melted. Meanwhile, coat 6-8 metal star-shaped cookie cutters with cooking spray.
- Remove pan from the oven; press prepared cutters into melted candy. Let stand until just before candy is set; remove cutters. (Reheat scraps in the oven if desired.)
- Add frosting to a small resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in corner of bag. Pipe frosting around edges of stars; top with decorating sugars and miniature dragees as desired. Press stars onto top of cupcake; secure with additional frosting if needed. Yield: varies.
Originally published as Winter Fantasy Star Cupcakes in Taste of Home December/January 2009, p62
Reviews for Winter Fantasy Star Cupcakes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Christmas Cupcakes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes for Kids >
- Cupcakes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Hanukkah Desserts >
- Hanukkah Recipes >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Labor Day Desserts >