Winter Fantasy Snowflake Cupcakes Recipe
Best-selling authors of the book Hello, Cupcake!, Karen Tack & Alan Richardson, spent a few days with us creating one-of-a-kind beauties that you can make at home—no special tools or talents required. Just bake your favorite cupcakes, have your favorite vanilla icing on hand and HAVE FUN!
- 1 to 2 cans vanilla frosting (16 ounces each)
- Cupcakes of your choice
- Clear decorating sugar
- Pencil, paper, scissors and waxed paper
- White candy coating
- Blue decorating sugar and edible glitter
- 1. Frost cupcakes, reserving some frosting for decorating as desired.
- 2. For snowflake cupcakes: Place clear decorating sugar in a small shallow bowl; roll top edge of each cupcake in sugar to form a decorative rim. Set aside.
- 3. With a pencil and paper, draw assorted snowflake designs. Cut into individual patterns. Melt candy coating in a microwave-safe bowl; stir until smooth. Transfer to a resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in corner of bag. Place waxed paper over the drawings and pipe candy coating over designs. Sprinkle with blue decorating sugar and edible glitter. Refrigerate until set.
- 4. Gently lift candy flakes from waxed paper; arrange snowflakes on cupcakes. Sprinkle with additional edible glitter. Yield: varies.
Reviews for Winter Fantasy Snowflake Cupcakes
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2009
"i made these for my birthday and I took them to school they were a hit everyone loved them so much."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC