Best-selling authors of the book Hello, Cupcake!, Karen Tack & Alan Richardson, spent a few days with us creating one-of-a-kind beauties that you can make at home—no special tools or talents required. Just bake your favorite cupcakes, have your favorite vanilla icing on hand and HAVE FUN!
- 1 to 2 cans vanilla frosting (16 ounces each)
- Cupcakes of your choice
- Clear decorating sugar
- Pencil, paper, scissors and waxed paper
- White candy coating
- Blue decorating sugar and edible glitter
- Frost cupcakes, reserving some frosting for decorating as desired.
- For snowflake cupcakes: Place clear decorating sugar in a small shallow bowl; roll top edge of each cupcake in sugar to form a decorative rim. Set aside.
- With a pencil and paper, draw assorted snowflake designs. Cut into individual patterns. Melt candy coating in a microwave-safe bowl; stir until smooth. Transfer to a resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in corner of bag. Place waxed paper over the drawings and pipe candy coating over designs. Sprinkle with blue decorating sugar and edible glitter. Refrigerate until set.
- Gently lift candy flakes from waxed paper; arrange snowflakes on cupcakes. Sprinkle with additional edible glitter. Yield: varies.
Originally published as Winter Fantasy Snowflake Cupcakes in Taste of Home December/January 2009, p61
Reviews for Winter Fantasy Snowflake Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2009
"i made these for my birthday and I took them to school they were a hit everyone loved them so much."