Winter Fantasy Poinsettia Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 to 2 cans vanilla frosting (16 ounces each)
- Cupcakes of your choice
- Clear decorating sugar
- Winterfresh or cinnamon chewing gum
- Additional vanilla frosting
- Yellow candy-coated sunflower kernels
- 1. Frost cupcakes, reserving some frosting for decorating as desired.
- 2. For poinsettia cupcakes: Place decorating sugar in a small shallow bowl; roll top edge of each cupcake in sugar to form a decorative rim. Set aside.
- 3. Using clean kitchen scissors or a small sharp knife, cut gum into leaf shapes of various sizes. Pinch the base end of each leaf, forming a curved leaf shape. Add frosting to a small resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in the corner.
- 4. Arrange leaves in a circular pattern over top of each cupcake, working from the outer leaves in. Press outer leaves into top of cupcake; secure with additional frosting as needed. Continue adding leaves and securing with frosting to form a poinsettia. Gently press sunflower kernels into the center. Yield: varies.
Reviews for Winter Fantasy Poinsettia Cupcakes
"These are fun but difficult to get the flowers just right. I may try gum paste next time."
"This is one of the most beautiful cupcakes I've ever seen and I'd gladly make it any time I could. My family absolutely loves it and will be making it many more times."
"I'd use fondant for the flower petals."