Winter Fantasy Poinsettia Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 to 2 cans vanilla frosting (16 ounces each)
- Cupcakes of your choice
- Clear decorating sugar
- Winterfresh or cinnamon chewing gum
- Additional vanilla frosting
- Yellow candy-coated sunflower kernels
- Frost cupcakes, reserving some frosting for decorating as desired.
- For poinsettia cupcakes: Place decorating sugar in a small shallow bowl; roll top edge of each cupcake in sugar to form a decorative rim. Set aside.
- Using clean kitchen scissors or a small sharp knife, cut gum into leaf shapes of various sizes. Pinch the base end of each leaf, forming a curved leaf shape. Add frosting to a small resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in the corner.
- Arrange leaves in a circular pattern over top of each cupcake, working from the outer leaves in. Press outer leaves into top of cupcake; secure with additional frosting as needed. Continue adding leaves and securing with frosting to form a poinsettia. Gently press sunflower kernels into the center. Yield: varies.
Reviews for Winter Fantasy Poinsettia Cupcakes
Sort By :
These are fun but difficult to get the flowers just right. I may try gum paste next time.
I would use fondant for the flowers..Children may not be able to chew gum..they would eat and swallow it. I is a very pretty cupcake..
This is one of the most beautiful cupcakes I've ever seen and I'd gladly make it any time I could. My family absolutely loves it and will be making it many more times.
I'd use fondant for the flower petals.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Christmas Cupcakes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes >
- Cupcakes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Hanukkah Desserts >
- Hanukkah Recipes >
- New Year's Desserts >