Best-selling authors of the book Hello, Cupcake!, Karen Tack & Alan Richardson, spent a few days with us creating one-of-a-kind beauties that you can make at home—no special tools or talents required. Just bake your favorite cupcakes, have your favorite vanilla icing on hand and HAVE FUN!
- 1 to 2 cans vanilla frosting (16 ounces each)
- Cupcakes of your choice
- Clear decorating sugar
- Winterfresh or cinnamon chewing gum
- Additional vanilla frosting
- Yellow candy-coated sunflower kernels
- Frost cupcakes, reserving some frosting for decorating as desired.
- For poinsettia cupcakes: Place decorating sugar in a small shallow bowl; roll top edge of each cupcake in sugar to form a decorative rim. Set aside.
- Using clean kitchen scissors or a small sharp knife, cut gum into leaf shapes of various sizes. Pinch the base end of each leaf, forming a curved leaf shape. Add frosting to a small resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in the corner.
- Arrange leaves in a circular pattern over top of each cupcake, working from the outer leaves in. Press outer leaves into top of cupcake; secure with additional frosting as needed. Continue adding leaves and securing with frosting to form a poinsettia. Gently press sunflower kernels into the center. Yield: varies.
Originally published as Winter Fantasy Poinsettias Cupcakes in Taste of Home December/January 2009, p62
Reviews for Winter Fantasy Poinsettia Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review