Winter Fantasy Cupcakes Recipe
Need an easy decorating idea for cupcakes? Make your own adorable snowmen faces using vanilla frosting, course sugar, chocolate wafers and colored candies. —Karen Tack, Riverside, Connecticut
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 1 hour YIELD:24 servings
- 1 to 2 cans vanilla frosting (16 ounces each)
- Cupcakes of your choice
- Coarse sugar
- Chocolate wafers
- Semisweet chocolate chips and miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Orange candy slices
- Additional vanilla frosting
- Blue food coloring, pearl dragees, blue jumbo diamond sprinkles and edible glitter, optional
- 1. Frost cupcakes, reserving some frosting for decorating as desired.
- 2. For snowmen cupcakes: Dip the top of each cupcake in coarse sugar; gently shake off excess sugar. For stovepipe hats, microwave chocolate wafers for a few seconds to slightly soften as needed. Use a serrated knife to cut two narrow strips from opposite sides of each wafer. (Large center piece will form crown of hat; one strip will form the brim.)
- 3. Add chips and mini chips to cupcake to form eyes and mouth. Cut a small piece of orange slice to form the nose.
- 4. Stick brim of hat, rounded side up, into top of cupcake; insert hat crown into the top edge. Secure with additional frosting. Color frosting if desired; place in a resealable plastic bag. Cut a small hole in corner of bag. Pipe a decorative hat band; add dragees and sprinkles if desired. Sprinkle cupcakes with glitter if desired. Yield: varies.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC