Winter Endive Salad Recipe
Here’s a salad with panache! The tangy citrus balances the hint of bitterness in the endive, and the sweet-tart pomegranate seeds add stunning ruby color.—Alysha Braun, St. Catharines, Ontario
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total TIme: 25 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 5 cups torn curly endive
- 2 cups watercress
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the endive, watercress and shallot. Sprinkle with pecans and pomegranate seeds.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, lemon peel, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad; serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC