Winter Delight Stew
This home-style stew is loaded with sausage, beans and vegetables. It wins rave reviews from everyone who tries it.Lee Sauers, Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups beef or chicken broth
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In an ovenproof Dutch oven, cook the sausage over medium heat until
- no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and bake at 350° for
- 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 16 servings
- (4 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 116 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 378 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.