Winter Delight Stew Recipe
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups beef or chicken broth
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. In an ovenproof Dutch oven, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 16 servings (4 quarts).
1 cup equals 116 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 378 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.