Winter Delight Stew Recipe
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups beef or chicken broth
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. In an ovenproof Dutch oven, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 12 servings (4 quarts).
1-1/3 cups equals 212 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 653 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Reviews for Winter Delight Stew
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.