Winter Day Dinner Recipe
In the middle of winter, I often rely on this recipe to warm us up! My husband doesn't care for noodles, so I look for different ways to serve potatoes. - Linda Hagendorn, Rockville, Maryland
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 medium potatoes, sliced
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- CHEESE SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- 2. Place half of the potatoes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; layer with meat mixture, peas and remaining potatoes. Set aside.
- 3. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted. Pour over potatoes.
- 4. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 529 calories, 22 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 852 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Winter Day Dinner
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC