Winter Apple Jelly Recipe
- 1 quart apple juice
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 2 tablespoons bottled lemon juice
- 3 to 6 drops red food coloring, optional
- 5-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine the apple juice, pectin, lemon juice and food coloring if desired. Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Quickly stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 2. Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Stir in cinnamon. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 5 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 7 half-pints.
1 serving (1 each) equals 90 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Winter Apple Jelly
"So easy to make with my 10 year old daughter and tastes great! I used the food coloring to make it look great."
"My son helped me make this jelly for holiday gifts and it turned out perfectly. We didn't use the red food coloring. It tastes just like apple cider. Delicious! I will definitely make this again."