- 1 quart apple juice
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 2 tablespoons bottled lemon juice
- 3 to 6 drops red food coloring, optional
- 5-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a Dutch oven, combine the apple juice, pectin, lemon juice and food coloring if desired. Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Quickly stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Stir in cinnamon. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 5 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 7 half-pints.
Originally published as Winter Apple Jelly in Birds & Blooms December/January 1996, p55
Reviews for Winter Apple Jelly
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review