Winning Creamy Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 2/3 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup French onion dip
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the cottage cheese, onion dip, sour cream, salt and pepper. Stir in rice and onion.
- 2. Spread half of the rice mixture into a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with chicken, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and green chilies. Top with remaining rice mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups (prepared with reduced-fat butter, 1% cottage cheese and reduced-fat cheddar cheese) equals 454 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 1,085 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.