French onion dip lends a tangy accent to this cheesy rice bake from Jaky Broussard of Greensboro, Alabama. Short prep time means you can eat deliciously without spending hours in the kitchen.
Featured In: 33 Ways to Turn Rotisserie Chicken into Dinner
- 2/3 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup French onion dip
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the cottage cheese, onion dip, sour cream, salt and pepper. Stir in rice and onion.
- Spread half of the rice mixture into a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with chicken, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and green chilies. Top with remaining rice mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Chicken Casserole in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008, p31
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Winning Creamy Chicken Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review