- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2-1/3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour, beating just until blended.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 300° for 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Winning Cream Cheese Pound Cake
"Easy recipe to make. I added some lemon zest. Good cake to serve with strawberries and ice cream. I will probably make again."
"Great recipe! This is one of my favorite go-to cake recipes. It always turns out so well, and everyone loves it. I can be "dressed up" with berries and whipped cream or frosting or ice cream, or it's delicious just as is."
"This was I N C R E D I B L E. My first time making pound cake and I sure picked a winning recipe! Moist and delicious. This one is a keeper."
"Amazing texture and flavor."
"Super easy and turned out Delicious! This is great if you like a heavy pound cake. My Husband loved it!"
"I absolutely love this recipe. I make it often and I have shared the recipe with several people. It always comes out of the oven smelling and Iooking delicious. I also love to toast a slice and eat it that way."
"Warning: Don't eat this warm, you will not be able to stop! Very good cooled also."
"I made this cake last weekend, and it was very very dense and had a bit of a flour taste to it. the only way i would consider making this recipe again would be by altering the recipe a bit. But the kids and my husband liked it, and my dog actually stole the entire cake off the table after I forgot to put away, didn't even leave a crumb...LOL"
"I absolutely LOVE this recipe!! I make it in mini loaves at Christmas, as small gifts to tuck in boxes I need to ship. I get so many requests for it! It has such a wonderful flavor. I have made it with butter, and I have tried substituting margarine. I definately like the butter flavor better, but in a pinch... Would highly recommend this to anyone."