I got this recipe from a woman who came to my rummage sale. We got to talking about zucchini-she didn't know what the big squash could be used for. So I sent her some of my favorite zucchini recipes and, in return, she mailed me the recipe for this cake. It's absolutely delicious and I've made it often.
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2-1/3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour, beating just until blended.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 300° for 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Cream Cheese Pound Cake in Country December/January 1996, p49
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Winning Cream Cheese Pound Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review