Winning Cream Cheese Pound Cake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2-1/3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour, beating just until blended.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 300° for 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 427 calories, 24 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 141 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.