Winning Cream Cheese Pound Cake
I got this recipe from a woman who came to my rummage sale. We got to talking about zucchini-she didn't know what the big squash could be used for. So I sent her some of my favorite zucchini recipes and, in return, she mailed me the recipe for this cake. It's absolutely delicious and I've made it often.
12-16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2-1/3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light
- and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well
- after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour, beating
- just until blended.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 300° for
- 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out
- clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack
- to cool completely.
- Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 427 calories, 24 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 141 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.