Winning Cream Cheese Pound Cake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2-1/3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour, beating just until blended.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 300° for 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 slice: 427 calories, 24g fat (14g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Winning Cream Cheese Pound Cake
"Great recipe! This is one of my favorite go-to cake recipes. It always turns out so well, and everyone loves it. I can be "dressed up" with berries and whipped cream or frosting or ice cream, or it's delicious just as is."
"This was I N C R E D I B L E. My first time making pound cake and I sure picked a winning recipe! Moist and delicious. This one is a keeper."
"Amazing texture and flavor."
"I absolutely love this recipe. I make it often and I have shared the recipe with several people. It always comes out of the oven smelling and Iooking delicious. I also love to toast a slice and eat it that way."
"Warning: Don't eat this warm, you will not be able to stop! Very good cooled also."
"I made this cake last weekend, and it was very very dense and had a bit of a flour taste to it. the only way i would consider making this recipe again would be by altering the recipe a bit. But the kids and my husband liked it, and my dog actually stole the entire cake off the table after I forgot to put away, didn't even leave a crumb...LOL"
"I absolutely LOVE this recipe!! I make it in mini loaves at Christmas, as small gifts to tuck in boxes I need to ship. I get so many requests for it! It has such a wonderful flavor. I have made it with butter, and I have tried substituting margarine. I definately like the butter flavor better, but in a pinch... Would highly recommend this to anyone."
"I tried this recipe and the cake came out very dense and pasty. I consider myself a baker and am always looking fo new recipes, but this one was not a working one for me."
"RE: Cream Cheese Pound cakeMy favorite recipe! Its denseand with great flavor!J Gomez"
"After discovering this recipe, it's the only pound cake recipe that I use. I love that it's versatile; I've added lemon zest and fresh lemon juice for a lemon pound cake; I've also added blueberries to the original recipe or when I've made the lemon version. I have never had this recipe fail me. Absolutely love it.Elaine Rospert"