Winning Cranberry Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, quartered
- 8 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel, optional
- Sprinkle cranberries with 2 tablespoons sugar; set aside. Sift remaining sugar, flour, baking powder and salt into large bowl.
- In another bowl, beat egg, milk and oil. Make a hole in center of dry ingredients; pour in liquid ingredients. Stir just until moistened. Add berries and lemon peel. Fill greased standard or jumbo muffin cups. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 18 minutes for standard-size muffins or for 22 minutes for jumbo muffins. Yield: 12 standard-size or 6 jumbo muffins.
Reviews for Winning Cranberry Muffins
Sort By :
"Good muffins. Not overly sweet so don't expect a cupcake. :) Perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack!I followed the recipe to a T, with the exception of using reconstituted dried cranberries (by soaking for 20 minutes in hot water)."
"Love this recipe but made some changes. Omitted the lemon zest. Didn't have milk so used sour cream instead. Added a teaspoon of orange extract and a handful of chopped pecans. Used a crumb topping instead of the cinnamon sugar. Fabulous!"
"Excellent recipe. I used frozen cranberries instead of fresh ones. They turned out beautifully - light, moist and delicious. This is definitely a winning recipe. It?s a keeper."
"This is an excellent recipe! Rather than quartering the cranberries, I just briefly food-processed them. I was so happy to find a recipe that tasted this good without being high in sugar and fat. Thank you very much."
"These muffins are fabulous! They make great mini-muffins..... bake for about 12 minutes."