Winning Cranberry Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, quartered
- 8 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel, optional
- Sprinkle cranberries with 2 tablespoons sugar; set aside. Sift remaining sugar, flour, baking powder and salt into large bowl.
- In another bowl, beat egg, milk and oil. Make a hole in center of dry ingredients; pour in liquid ingredients. Stir just until moistened. Add berries and lemon peel. Fill greased standard or jumbo muffin cups. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 18 minutes for standard-size muffins or for 22 minutes for jumbo muffins. Yield: 12 standard-size or 6 jumbo muffins.
Reviews for Winning Cranberry Muffins(2)
Sort By :
This is an excellent recipe! Rather than quartering the cranberries, I just briefly food-processed them. I was so happy to find a recipe that tasted this good without being high in sugar and fat. Thank you very much.
These muffins are fabulous! They make great mini-muffins..... bake for about 12 minutes.