Winning Cranberry Glazed Ham
A dear friend shared the recipe for this tender ham with me. I've taken it to reunions, weddings, graduations, baptisms, holiday gatherings and more. It's a delicious way to please a crowd. The cranberry sauce adds flavor and color.
16-20 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 1-3/4 hours
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 bone-in fully cooked ham (about 8 pounds)
- In a large bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, orange juice, steak
- sauce, oil, mustard and brown sugar. Score the surface of the ham
- with shallow diagonal cuts, making diamond shapes.
- Place ham in a 2-gal. resealable bag. Add half of cranberry mixture;
- seal bag and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or
- overnight, turning several times. Cover and refrigerate remaining
- cranberry mixture.
- Drain and discard marinade from ham. Place ham on a rack in a
- foil-lined roasting pan; cover with foil. Bake at 325° for 1-3/4
- Place reserved cranberry mixture in a small saucepan; heat through.
- Uncover ham; brush with cranberry mixture.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 140°,
- brushing with cranberry mixture every 15 minutes. Warm remaining