- 2 cans (16 ounces each) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 bone-in fully cooked ham (about 8 pounds)
- In a large bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, orange juice, steak sauce, oil, mustard and brown sugar. Score the surface of the ham with shallow diagonal cuts, making diamond shapes.
- Place ham in a 2-gal. resealable bag. Add half of cranberry mixture; seal bag and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight, turning several times. Cover and refrigerate remaining cranberry mixture.
- Drain and discard marinade from ham. Place ham on a rack in a foil-lined roasting pan; cover with foil. Bake at 325° for 1-3/4 hours.
- Place reserved cranberry mixture in a small saucepan; heat through. Uncover ham; brush with cranberry mixture.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 140°, brushing with cranberry mixture every 15 minutes. Warm remaining cranberry; serve with ham. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Winning Cranberry Glazed Ham
"My favorite whole ham recipe."
"The combination of the cranberry juice and orange juice was perfect. Adding the brown sugar and mustard gave it an unusual gourmet flavor. I loved it! Thanks."
"Ham has a great taste, looks beautiful and turns out fantastic. What's not to like?"
"I halved all of the glaze ingredients and used it on a smaller pit ham. It was really delicious."