Winning Cranberry Chutney Recipe
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until thickened and cranberries have popped.
- 2. Chill. Serve as an accompaniment to turkey or pork. Yield: about 3-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoon: 69 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 55mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Winning Cranberry Chutney
"Made this just yesterday for T'giving. It's delicious with a definite bite, much more complex then usual cranberry side salad. I omitted onion, wanted it more sweet."
"I looked through 35 pages to find this recipe again. I found it a bit tart so added about another half cup brown sugar and a full cup of dried apricots. They are the best in this. Tames it down a bit. It makes a pretty good bit and, although it stays well in the fridge, next time, I will freeze some."
"Tried this for the first time this year--its lovely. A new staple on our T-day menu!"