Winning Cranberry Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips, cranberries, pecans and toffee bits if desired (dough will be stiff).
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly. Bake at 350° for 11-14 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 6 dozen.
1 each: 82 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Winning Cranberry Chip Cookies
"Very good! I took them to church party. Everyone wanted the recipe."
"Somewhat dryer than I think of as a cookie."
"Really, Really good. However, the toffee bits were unnoticeable to me. A winner fur sure."
"These cookies are terrific. However, i did alter the recipe a bit the second time I made therm. Instead of using 1 cup of white sugar, I used 3/4 cp. white sugar and 3/4 cp. brown sugar. I feel it made the texture of the cookie much better and added the caramel color they were missing."
"Really tasty just the way they are!"
"These cookies are the best cookies ever! I made a batch and took them to work and they disappeared so fast I have had to promise to make more."
"I use white chips instead of chocolate, and leave out the toffee bits. Be sure to use real butter--it DOES make a difference! These are now my all time favorite cookies!!"
"These cookies are GREAT with white chocolate chips, I recently made them that way. Another little touch that makes them even yummier is to toast the pecans after you chop them. It adds a really nice nutty flavor."
"I think these would be sooooo good with white chocolate chips instead of semisweet."