Winning Cranberry Bundt Cake Recipe
The first time I served this cake was at Thanksgiving dinner several years ago. Along with pumpkin pies, it's become our traditional annual holiday dessert. The parents of three sons, my husband and I have two granddaughters. -Esther McCoy, Dillonvale, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 2-1/2 hours + standing YIELD:8-10 servings
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream and mix well. Fold in cranberries and pecans.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 8-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 402 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 407 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC