Winning Cran-Apple Crisp Recipe
- 2 snack-size cups (4 ounces each) vanilla pudding
- 1 cup eggnog
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the pudding and eggnog until blended; cover and refrigerate until serving. In a large bowl, combine the sugar and flour. Add apples and cranberries; toss to coat. Transfer to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes. Serve with eggnog sauce. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 each: 256 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Winning Cran-Apple Crisp
"This recipe is fantastic! Normally, I am not a big fan of cranberries, but the combination of flavors in this recipe adds just enough sweetness to overpower the most of the tartness of the berries. The eggnog sauce is festive, and really yummy, but is not required to make the crisp a hit at your next holiday gathering. Those looking to cut a few calories can skip the sauce and still greatly enjoy this cran-apple crisp. My whole family raves over this recipe, and this will be our third holiday season including it on our menu."