An eggnog sauce gives this crunchy oat-topped crisp a distinctive flavor. The apples and cranberries make it a natural for autumn celebrations and holiday meals. —Mary Lou Timpson, Centennial Park, Arizona
- 2 snack-size cups (4 ounces each) vanilla pudding
- 1 cup eggnog
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- In a small bowl, combine the pudding and eggnog until blended; cover and refrigerate until serving. In a large bowl, combine the sugar and flour. Add apples and cranberries; toss to coat. Transfer to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes. Serve with eggnog sauce. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Cran-Apple Crisp in Taste of Home October/November 2005, p27
Reviews for Winning Cran-Apple Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review