Crabmeat is very plentiful here in Maryland, and this dish is one of my favorite ways to eat it. My sister-in-law Darlene gave me this recipe, and that simple gesture helped make me feel part of the family.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) flaked crabmeat, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, flour, eggs and milk. Stir in the crab, onion, parsley and cheese. Spoon into the pastry shell.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Crab Quiche in Country April/May 1992, p47
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Winning Crab Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review