Winning Crab Bisque Recipe
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat margarine
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 4 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 10 ounces reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- In a Dutch oven, saute the onions, celery and green pepper in margarine until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Reduce heat to medium; add the potatoes and milk. Cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until potatoes are just tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove 1-1/2 cups of the potato mixture; mash and return to the pan. Reduce heat to low. Stir in half-and-half and process cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Add the crab, salt and pepper. Cook 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Winning Crab Bisque
Sort By :
Too much low fat, not creamy or thick as i think bisque should be. My guests liked it, though, and i would recommend against canned crab as it is less flavorful.
Phenomenal bisque recipe. You won't be disappointed with it's rich flavors. I will definitely be making this soup for many years to come.
This bisque is amazing! I love it. My son who is 25 asks me to make it for him on his birthday. It is so rich and creamy. I have made this ever since it came out in Light and Tasty years ago. I have even made it without the crab and it tastes great just as an awesome potato soup. If you like crab you will love this rich and hearty soup.
More Recipe Collections
- Bisque Soup Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Crab Soup >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >