Contest winner Velma Brown of Turner Station, Kentucky notes: “While coffee ice cream is great, I sometimes vary the flavor of this family favorite. It’s one dreamy summertime treat that’s always high on requests for dessert.”
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pint coffee ice cream, softened
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 inches)
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat. Stir in milk and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool completely.
- Spoon ice cream into crust. Stir sauce; spread over ice cream. Top with whipped topping; sprinkle with pecans. Freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Coffee Ice Cream Pie in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008, p33
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Winning Coffee Ice Cream Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review