Wine Dressing for Fruit
A simple bowl of fruit drizzled with this delightful wine dressing from Donna Warner in Tavares, Florida could easily double as an elegantly simple, light dessert.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup white Burgundy wine or white grape juice
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 8 whole cloves
- Assorted fresh fruit
- In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Strain into a bowl. Discard cinnamon and cloves. Cover and
- refrigerate for 30 minutes or until cool. Serve with fruit.
- Refrigerate leftover dressing. Yield: about 1/3 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup fruit with 1 tablespoon dressing equals 64 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fruit.