Wine Dressing for Fruit Recipe
A simple bowl of fruit drizzled with this delightful wine dressing from Donna Warner in Tavares, Florida could easily double as an elegantly simple, light dessert.
- 1/2 cup white Burgundy wine or white grape juice
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 8 whole cloves
- Assorted fresh fruit
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2. Strain into a bowl. Discard cinnamon and cloves. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until cool. Serve with fruit. Refrigerate leftover dressing. Yield: about 1/3 cup.
1 tablespoon: 64 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
Reviews for Wine Dressing for Fruit
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC