Wine Dressing for Fruit Recipe
- 1/2 cup white Burgundy wine or white grape juice
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 8 whole cloves
- Assorted fresh fruit
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2. Strain into a bowl. Discard cinnamon and cloves. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until cool. Serve with fruit. Refrigerate leftover dressing. Yield: about 1/3 cup.
1/2 cup fruit with 1 tablespoon dressing equals 64 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fruit.