A simple bowl of fruit drizzled with this delightful wine dressing from Donna Warner in Tavares, Florida could easily double as an elegantly simple, light dessert.
- 1/2 cup white Burgundy wine or white grape juice
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 8 whole cloves
- Assorted fresh fruit
- In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Strain into a bowl. Discard cinnamon and cloves. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until cool. Serve with fruit. Refrigerate leftover dressing. Yield: about 1/3 cup.
Originally published as Wine Dressing for Fruit in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007, p12
Reviews for Wine Dressing for Fruit
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review