This is a family favorite handed down from my grandmother in London. She made it for every family gathering. It was always the first food to go on the table and the first one to disappear. —Wayne Barnes, Montgomery, Alabama
Featured In: 95 Tasty Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- 1 package (14.4 ounces) pearl onions, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Hot cooked rice or pasta
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Place chicken and onions in a 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine soup, wine and seasonings; pour over chicken and onions. Cook, covered, on low 7-8 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken; skim fat from cooking juices. Serve cooking juices with chicken and rice. If desired, sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Wine-Braised Chicken with Pearl Onions in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2015, p41
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Wine-Braised Chicken with Pearl Onions
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review