Wine and Swiss Strata Recipe
- 11 cups cubed day-old French bread
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Place bread cubes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with Swiss and Monterey Jack cheeses, ham and onions. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, wine or broth, mustard and pepper. Pour over the top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sour cream and Parmesan cheese; cook and stir over low heat until warm. Serve with strata. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 286 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 147mg cholesterol, 544mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Wine and Swiss Strata
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.