- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons dry red wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- Place chicken in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the wine, water, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, parsley, ginger and oregano; pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Wine & Herb Baked Chicken
Sort By :
Very good recipe. I used white wine instead of red, added some poultry seasoning, & used fresh parsley instead of dried. Nice flavor.
This was pretty tasty. I made it with the red wine, not the chicken broth. The soy sauce definitely is the more powerful flavor in this, but I don't think that it is over powering. The flavors all blend well together. Served it over some brown rice which worked well. Also roasted some asparagus with olive oil and garlic to go along with it. Definitely looking forward to eating the leftovers for lunch this week!
Mildred is right about the aroma. I love making this dish as much for the anticipation as the actual eating enjoyment!
Although it takes a bit longer to cook than I usually spend on a meal, the chicken came out moist and juicy - perfectly done and the sauce was delicious (even without wine). It reheats well the next day too!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Chicken >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >