Wine & Herb Baked Chicken Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons dry red wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- 1. Place chicken in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the wine, water, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, parsley, ginger and oregano; pour over chicken.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 1/2 cup rice equals 290 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 677 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.