Wine & Herb Baked Chicken
“This scrumptious entrée is easy to prepare,” says Mildred Huffman of Lexington, Virginia. “The broth, served over rice and chicken, is absolutely delicious and the aroma while baking really creates an appetite.”
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons dry red wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- Place chicken in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking
- spray. In a small bowl, combine the wine, water, soy sauce, brown
- sugar, garlic, parsley, ginger and oregano; pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer reads 170°. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 1/2 cup rice equals 290 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 677 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch.