Wilted Spinach Salad Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 radish, chopped
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1. In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, onion, radish, salt and pepper; set aside.
- 2. In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Combine the sugar, vinegar and lemon juice; stir into drippings. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Pour over spinach mixture and toss to coat. Top with bacon and hard-cooked egg. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 177 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 275mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 fat, 1/2 lean meat.
Reviews for Wilted Spinach Salad
"I very much like that this recipe is for two, but I find myself doubling and tripling it quite often."