Wilted Spinach Salad Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 radish, chopped
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1. In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, onion, radish, salt and pepper; set aside.
- 2. In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Combine the sugar, vinegar and lemon juice; stir into drippings. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Pour over spinach mixture and toss to coat. Top with bacon and hard-cooked egg. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 177 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 118 mg cholesterol, 275 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 fat, 1/2 lean meat.
Reviews for Wilted Spinach Salad
"I very much like that this recipe is for two, but I find myself doubling and tripling it quite often."
"Wonderful tasting salad.I tripled the salad for 3 persons.All of us liked the sald and I will make it again soon.It is very healthy."