Pretty, fresh and sized just for two, this delicious salad sent in by Diana Grier of St. Joseph, Missouri may have you wishing for leftovers!
Recommended: 44 Ways to Get More Leafy Greens in Your Life
- 2-1/2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 radish, chopped
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, onion, radish, salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Combine the sugar, vinegar and lemon juice; stir into drippings. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour over spinach mixture and toss to coat. Top with bacon and egg. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Wilted Spinach Salad in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006, p13
Reviews for Wilted Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 26, 2010
"I very much like that this recipe is for two, but I find myself doubling and tripling it quite often."