Pretty, fresh and sized just for two, this delicious salad sent in by Diana Grier of St. Joseph, Missouri may have you wishing for leftovers!
- 2-1/2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 radish, chopped
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, onion, radish, salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Combine the sugar, vinegar and lemon juice; stir into drippings. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour over spinach mixture and toss to coat. Top with bacon and hard-cooked egg. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Wilted Spinach Salad in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006, p13
Reviews for Wilted Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review