Wilted Shiitake Spinach Salad Recipe
- 1 pound sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 medium mango, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup canned baby corn (cobs cut in half)
- 1/4 cup sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced seeded cucumber
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup salted roasted almonds, chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms with salt and pepper in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. Meanwhile, cook edamame according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, mango, corn, radishes, cucumber, cilantro, almonds, onion, mushrooms and edamame.
- In a small skillet, saute garlic in remaining oil for 1 minute. Add vinegar and pepper flakes; bring to a boil. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Wilted Shiitake Spinach Salad
Sort By :
YUM! I tried this last night and it was absolutely delicious! I also blog about vegetarian recipes that are designed to fuel the active person...containing functional calories for energy, less than 10 grams of fat, and more than 10 grams of protein per serving. Check out if you are interested! http://thelivelyvegetarian.blogspot.com/
Thank you again for so many AWESOME ideas!