Spinach salad takes on an Asian flair with shiitake mushrooms, baby corn, sesame oil and edamame. A warm rice vinegar dressing and a sprinkling of sesame seeds completes taste experience.—,Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
- 1 pound sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 medium mango, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup canned baby corn (cobs cut in half)
- 1/4 cup sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced seeded cucumber
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup salted roasted almonds, chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms with salt and pepper in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. Meanwhile, cook edamame according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, mango, corn, radishes, cucumber, cilantro, almonds, onion, mushrooms and edamame.
- In a small skillet, saute garlic in remaining oil for 1 minute. Add vinegar and pepper flakes; bring to a boil. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Wilted Shiitake Spinach Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p80
Reviews for Wilted Shiitake Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review