Wilted Lettuce Salad Recipe
Wilted Lettuce Salad comes from Alberta McKay of Bartlesville, Oklahoma. This appetizing salad looks and tastes great!
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 8 cups torn leaf lettuce or spinach
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Pepper to taste
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine lettuce and onions in a large salad bowl. Sprinkle with pepper; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Stir the vinegar, lemon juice, sugar and salt in drippings. Pour over lettuce and toss gently until well coated. Top with hard-cooked egg. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 93 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC