Wilted Lettuce Salad
Wilted Lettuce Salad comes from Alberta McKay of Bartlesville, Oklahoma. This appetizing salad looks and tastes great!
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 cups torn leaf lettuce or spinach
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Pepper to taste
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce and onions in a large salad bowl.
- Sprinkle with pepper; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Stir the
- vinegar, lemon juice, sugar and salt in drippings. Pour over lettuce
- and toss gently until well coated. Top with hard-cooked egg. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 93 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.