- 8 cups torn leaf lettuce or spinach
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Pepper to taste
- 3 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce and onions in a large salad bowl. Sprinkle with pepper; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Stir the vinegar, lemon juice, sugar and salt in drippings. Pour over lettuce and toss gently until well coated. Top with egg. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Wilted Lettuce Salad in Taste of Home April/May 1993, p13
Reviews for Wilted Lettuce Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2017
"Made this with green onions and loose leaf lettuce from my garden. Very tasty, I also sliced a cucumber and radish into mine."
Reviewed Dec. 3, 2012
"great way to get in these power greens! my husband and i loved it!"