- 6 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Egg, sliced
- In a large salad bowl, combine the lettuce and onion; set aside.
- Place bacon on a microwave-safe plate lined with paper towels. Cover with another paper towel; microwave on high for 5-7 minutes or until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels.
- In a small microwave-safe dish, combine 1-1/2 teaspoons bacon drippings, vinegar, sugar and water. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds or until sugar is dissolved; stir until smooth.
- Pour over lettuce; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add bacon and egg; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Wilted Lettuce Salad with Bacon Dressing(2)
Sort By :
Easy and yummy! My husband generally does not eat salad; but he enjoyed this one!
My husband (not a salad-eater) actually finished his entire bowl of salad!!! I used 2 eggs; I like eggs in my salad. Also, used pan-fried turkey bacon (it's healthier) for the bacon bits. Had to use a slice of microwaved regular bacon to get the drippings though (turkey bacon doesn't give off drippings). Very tasty!