"Here's an easy, old-fashioned salad that makes for a different-tasting side dish," writes Jennie Wilburn of Long Creek, Oregon. "You can use less bacon drippings to cut down on the fat."
Recommended: 30 Quick Dinners Ready in 30 Minutes or Less
- 8 cups torn leaf lettuce or spinach
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced into rings
- 3 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- Place lettuce and onion in a large salad bowl; set aside. In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp (do not drain). Stir in vinegar, water, salt and pepper. Pour over lettuce and toss gently until well coated. Top with egg. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Wilted Lettuce in Taste of Home June/July 1996, p45
Reviews for Wilted Lettuce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review