Wilted Green Salad Recipe
"My husband refused to eat wilted lettuce until I read this recipe suggested by a friend," says field editor La Vonne Hegland of St. Michael, Minnesota. "He likes this milder dressing with just a subtle hint of vinegar. Turkey bacon adds a satisfying crunch."
- 10 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 turkey bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large salad bowl, toss the lettuce, spinach and onions; set aside. In a small saucepan, bring the vinegar, water, oil and sugar substitute to a boil. Pour over lettuce and toss; sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Wilted Green Salad in Taste of Home October/November 2001, p16
Reviews for Wilted Green Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review