Wilted Endive Salad
The blend of seasonings, greens and warm bacon dressing makes this salad a sure hit. My guess is that it'll be a favorite at your next gathering.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon or 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bunch curly endive, torn
- 4 slices bread, cubed and toasted
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels to
- drain. Add oil to drippings; saute garlic and onion until tender.
- Stir in vinegar, tarragon, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the endive, bread cubes and bacon. Pour the
- warm dressing over salad and serve immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.