Wilted Endive Salad Recipe
The blend of seasonings, greens and warm bacon dressing makes this salad a sure hit. My guess is that it'll be a favorite at your next gathering.
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon or 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bunch curly endive, torn
- 4 slices bread, cubed and toasted
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Add oil to drippings; saute garlic and onion until tender. Stir in vinegar, tarragon, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the endive, bread cubes and bacon. Pour the warm dressing over salad and serve immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Wilted Endive Salad in Country June/July 1998, p51
Reviews for Wilted Endive Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review