Wilted Dandelion Greens Salad Recipe
If you can't beat 'em, eat 'em. That's my motto. Dandelions are much more than a seasonal lawn annoyance. In addition to salads, dandelions make good jelly, wine, coffee and salad. Remember, though, to never pick dandelions in areas that have been sprayed with weed killer.Noami Giddis, Grawn, Michigan
- 6 cups dandelion greens
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Wash dandelion greens thoroughly; drain and place in a large salad bowl. Chill.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, fry bacon until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels. Discard all but 2 tablespoons of drippings.
- For dressing, combine eggs, vinegar, sugar and enough water to make 1 cup. Beat well; pour into the skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Pour over greens and toss well. Sprinkle with chopped eggs and crumbles bacon; toss lightly. Serve immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Wilted Dandelion Greens Salad in Taste of Home June/July 1993, p45
Reviews for Wilted Dandelion Greens Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review