I fix this snappy salad for myself whenever I have a taste for it. The crisp ingredients and sweet-and-sour dressing are irresistible.Denise Albers, Freeburg, Illinois
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 bacon strips
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons vinegar
- Dash paprika
- In a small bowl, combine the cabbage, onion, celery seed and salt;
- set aside. In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 1
- tablespoon drippings. Crumble bacon over cabbage mixture. To the
- drippings, add sugar, vinegar and paprika; heat until sugar is
- dissolved. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 372 calories, 26 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 642 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.