Wilted Arugula Salad Recipe
Radishes and tomatoes bring Christmasy red color to this medley. But it’s so good, you’ll want to enjoy it throughout the year.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 5 ounces fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Dash pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the arugula, eggs, leek, tomato and radishes. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, mustard, sugar, pepper and reserved drippings. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup equals 94 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 151 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC