Willie Hoss' Meat Loaf Recipe
People usually shy away from meatloaf because it dries out in the oven but this one is always moist and mouthwatering.—Bill Reifsteck, Oak Island, North Carolina
- 1-1/2 pound lean ground chuck
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cracker crumbs
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Additional ketchup, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except last one. Press into a 9x5-in. loaf pan. Top with additional ketchup if desired.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until no longer pink. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 230 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 635mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Willie Hoss' Meat Loaf
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC