Willie Hoss' Meat Loaf Recipe
People usually shy away from meatloaf because it dries out in the oven but this one is always moist and mouthwatering.Bill Reifsteck, Oak Island, North Carolina
- 1-1/2 pound lean ground chuck
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cracker crumbs
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Additional ketchup, optional
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except last one. Press into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Top with additional ketchup if desired.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until no longer pink. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Willie Hoss' Meat Loaf in Reminisce Spring 1991, p39
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Willie Hoss' Meat Loaf(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review