People usually shy away from meatloaf because it dries out in the oven but this one is always moist and mouthwatering.—Bill Reifsteck, Oak Island, North Carolina
- 1-1/2 pound lean ground chuck
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cracker crumbs
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Additional ketchup, optional
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except last one. Press into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Top with additional ketchup if desired.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until no longer pink. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Willie Hoss' Meat Loaf in Reminisce Spring 1991, p39
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Willie Hoss' Meat Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review