- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- PRALINE ICING:
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar until smooth. Beat in 1 egg; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat oil with remaining sugar and eggs until well blended. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into oil mixture until blended. Stir in apples, carrots and pecans.
- Transfer half of the apple batter to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan; layer with cream cheese mixture and remaining apple batter.
- Bake at for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a large saucepan, bring the brown sugar, butter and milk to a boil. Cook and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; whisk in confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for William Tell's Never-Miss Apple Cake
Sort By :
"This was an awesome cake. Loved it and everyone else did too."
"Everyone in my family loved it! I'll surely make this one again."
"Fantastic!!!! I loved it and my boyfriend said its one of the best things Ive ever made!!!!"
"This was awful. Way too sweet. Tasted more like carrot cake than apple cake. Hated the cream cheese mixture in the middle. Sorry."
"This is a keeper! Everyone loved it:)"