- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- PRALINE ICING:
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth; beat in egg.
- For cake, in a large bowl, beat sugar, oil and eggs until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into sugar mixture. Stir in apples, carrots and pecans.
- Transfer half of the batter to prepared pan; layer with cream cheese mixture and remaining batter. Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in cake portion comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For icing, in a large saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and milk; bring to a boil. Cook and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; whisk in confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for William Tell's Never-Miss Apple Cake
Sort By :
"This cake is a definite hit with my family and friends. However, I tweaked it a bit by omitting the carrots, nuts and sauce. It is delicious without those additions. I also added an extra half teaspoon of cinnamon. I have recommended this recipe with no omissions to my friends and loved ones. I also told them what I omitted. I made one for Easter and since it is gone now, I am about to make another. Fantastic recipe Jamie. Thank you."
"2 thumbs up! I didn't have the pecans and it still tasted perfect. You will be missing out on a really good thing if you don't try it at least once."
"My cousin made this cake for a family gathering. Everyone raved about it. I had to come home and make sure I had this recipe in my box. It was delicious!"
"I made this cake for Christmas and will be making it throughout the year when I have several apples on hand. It's delicious! And all my dinner guests said the same!"