- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- PRALINE ICING:
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth; beat in egg.
- For cake, in a large bowl, beat sugar, oil and eggs until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into sugar mixture. Stir in apples, carrots and pecans.
- Transfer half of the batter to prepared pan; layer with cream cheese mixture, then remaining batter. Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in cake portion comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For icing, in a large saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and milk; bring to a boil. Cook and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; whisk in confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for William Tell's Never-Miss Apple Cake
Sort By :
"Easy and delicious."
"Great Recipe, my family loves it. I make it a lot"
"Moist cake, simple to make and everyone loved it, will make again. No changes were made to the recipe perfect as is."
"This cake is delicious! Recipe is definitely a keeper. I've found greasing the pan with solid shortening such as Crisco works better to keep cake from sticking than using spray or oil."
"I have made this cake many times over the past several years with NO CHANGES. (please don't rate a recipe you have changed, makes sense, yes?) I have given out the recipe so often that I bring them with me because it frankly saves time. I know I'm going to be asked. This is a delicious addition to any potluck, party, family gathering! Enjoy!"